New Australian Indigenous Psychology Education Project (AIPEP) resources were developed for the Victorian Education Department. Belle Selkirk and Dr Joanna Alexi from the Transforming Indigenous Mental Health and Wellbeing (TIMHWB) and Australian Indigenous Psychology Education Project (AIPEP) explored content relating to Indigenous Psychology and social and emotional wellbeing (SEWB). It will support Psychology teachers to develop knowledge of social and emotional wellbeing (SEWB) as a multi-dimensional and holistic framework of wellbeing for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and implement this knowledge in a culturally safe way.
There are three parts to this suite of resources:
1) Webinar and PowerPoint: Conversations about Social and Emotional Wellbeing,
2) Webinar reflective worksheet, and
3) Supplementary material: Conversations about Social and Emotional Wellbeing.
If you or someone you know needs help or support, you can contact your local Aboriginal Community-Controlled Organisation or
- 13YARN: 13 92 76
- Lifeline: 131 114
- Kids Helpline: 1800 551 800
- Mensline: 1300 78 99 78
- Beyondblue 1300 22 46 36
- Q Life 1800 18 45 27
- Open Arms Veterans & Families Counselling 1800 01 10 46
- The National Indigenous Critical Response Service 1800 80 58 01